Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Tami's Granola

I come from a family of good cooks but I also married into a family of good cooks. This recipe happens to be from my husband's cousin, Tami. I love Tami. She is such an amazing person and I was so excited when she shared this recipe with me because it was honestly the best granola I have ever had. Plus it is easy to switch things up to your liking. Don't like sesame seeds? Don't add them. Want it to be sweeter? Add a little more honey. Easy peasy. This also makes A LOT. It would be great to freeze a bag of it to keep it fresh and use later. My favorite way to eat it is with a little bit of milk and lots of strawberries. Mmmmm....



Tami's Granola
12 cups oats
1 Cup wheat germ or oat bran 
2 cups coconut 
2 cups raw sunflower seeds 
1 cup sesame seeds 
3 cups nuts (almonds roasted unsalted peanuts cashews walnuts pecans)
1 1/2 cup brown sugar 
1 cup water 
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey 
1/2 cup molasses 
1 1/2 teaspoon salt 
2 teaspoon cinnamon 
3 teaspoon vanilla 

I mix this together in 2 batches (just halve the recipe) because it is easier to mix and it fits in a big bowl. Preheat oven to 300 and line 2 baking sheets with tinfoil. Place both batches of granola on baking sheets. Bake for at least an hour, stirring and rotating about every 20 minutes. Bake it until the granola is to the consistency you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to avoid spam comments! So if you don't see your comment show up right away, no worries! It will as soon as I approve it.