Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 19-21

Day 19

Meal 1: Scrambled eggs, salsa, avocado, and a side of fruit


Meal 2: Roasted White Sweet Potatoes, avocado, cilantro, tomato, sweet mini peppers, fresh squeezed lime, salt and pepper.


Meal 3: Deconstructed burger salad turned into a massive plate of goodness. Topped with Cumin-Lime dressing that I could drink a vat of (I doubled the recipe and was so glad I did).

Sundried Tomato Burger
-1-1.5 lbs Ground Beef (or turkey or chicken)
-About 8 Sundried tomatoes, finely chopped
-salt and pepper
-onion powder
-3-4 cloves of garlic (minced)
-Chili Powder

Mix everything together, use as much or as little of the seasonings as you like (I don't measure for burgers. I just shake stuff in according to how I feel. Toss on the grill or in a skillet on the stovetop (which is what I did because we don't have a grill). Med-high over stovetop, in avocado oil, 3-4 minutes per side. I topped these with bacon, because duh, bacon.

This salad also has beets, avocado, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers in it.



Day 20

Meal 1: Leftover roasted white sweet potato topped with an egg over easy, and avocado.


Meal 2: Leftover burger and veggies

Meal 3: Brussel Sprouts and Beets, Chicken-Apple Sausage


Day 21

Meal 1: bacon, spinach, sundried tomato omelette. Side of avocado.


Meal 2: Leftover sundried tomato burger with spicy brown mustard, lots of veggies and guac mixed with homemade mayo as a dip.


Meal 3: A big salad. Nothing fancy. Wasn't very hungry.


My Thoughts:
Everything is starting to become second nature. I don't have to try and figure out what I am going to cook. I just kind of start throwing stuff together and it ends up working. Its awesome. I will admit, I had a visit from Aunt Flow (TMI? Whatevs) and I have been super grumpy and my energy is starting to go away. So sad. I also have been wanting to eat candy every second of the day but I am blaming that on my hormones being crazy. I hope the cravings will go away and that my sugar cravings as well. The positive side? I used to have HORRIBLE cramps. Like, lay in bed all day long kind of cramps. I haven't had cramps really at all this time and I am contributing that to being sugar-free. So even though my energy is shot, at least I am not in pain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to avoid spam comments! So if you don't see your comment show up right away, no worries! It will as soon as I approve it.